Reviews SA1908 Backpacks

SwissGear Backpack Fits Most 17 Inch Laptops

Save on Laptop Bags For 17 Inch. Find Swiss Gear Backpacks & save up to 55% on Swiss Gear Backpacks! research on the best there is to offer in the way of quality computer backpacks
51GgmxzHx9L_002 stars-5-0
Free! Shipping & Returns. Every Day
    Low Prices and Discounts
   
Citizen price

17 Inch Laptops Features

  • At checkpoint, unfolds to flat position keeping above and below the laptop sections clear
  • Adjustable padded laptop straps inside to fit different size laptops
  • Open Viewing Compartment: Unique quick recognition window design accommodates most 17" laptops
  • Airflow Back System: Multi-panel airflow design provides extra padding for comfort and maximum back support
  • Organizer Pocket: Interior organizer provides divider pockets for pens, pencils, cell phone and CD's
  • Open Viewing Comparent: Unique quick recognition window design accommodates most 17" laptops
Well designed but a little tight for some 17-inch laptops By J.R.S.
I chose this backpack to carry my new laptop and to replace a regular old backpack that I carry my things to work in every day. My decision was based primarily on it selling for 67% off and that it seemed like it would be big enough for my laptop. I've got a 17.3" Asus gaming laptop so it's really long and also pretty thick. This is a great bag, especially for the price and the only reason I gave only 4 stars is because it is a very tight fit for my laptop. Due to the side-access design, inserting/removing the computer is much harder than it might be if it just slid in from the top or opened up all the way. Once the computer is inside it is hard to zip up and I have to pull and stretch the edge as I bring the zipper around the corner of the laptop or the zipper pull will drag against it. Once zipped up the top corner of the laptop really pushes out hard against the zipper and I hope that after a lot of use it doesn't bust through and ruin the zipper in that spot. If I'm lucky the bag itself may stretch a little and give a little more slack. Don't get me wrong this is still a pretty large bag; if it was even just 1/2 inch taller it would be perfect.
I had to use the backpack for a trip with 6 flights involved since I had no other backpack available. Over the course of that trip I realized:
- The TSA/Equiv do not recognize the backpack as ScanSmart and every time I was told to remove my laptop despite my opening the backpack per SwissGear instructions. (PHX, PHL, LGW (UK), MAN (UK), JFK, ATL).
- There are too few small pockets. Every pocket extends to the bottom of the laptop so you need to rummage wrist-deep or elbow-deep to find anything. I'd prefer many more small pockets to organize things.
- The top handle is set too far back to be able to place the backpack on a rolling 22" cabin-baggage rollaboard case and hold both the backpack handle and the rollaboard handle in one hand. It is possible but very uncomfortable as your hand cannot grip properly.
- The top handle is only made of quilted fabric and does not have any interior steel strengthening as other SwissGear laptops have or had. I doubt this handle would stand the test of time.
- The side-pockets intended for water bottles are too baggy and any water bottle will fall out every few minutes.
- The zipper toggles are stylish but functionally wanting. Rather than a simple toggle you can just pull, these have polygonal loops which attach to the zipper closure and every time you need to open or close a zip the toggle has fallen to the wrong angle and jammed so that you have to spend seconds fiddling with the toggle.
TL;DR version:
Should easily fit mainstream 17-inch laptops but is pretty tight for larger gaming type laptops. If you have an 18-inch don't even bother. This is probably the best laptop backpack on Amazon at this time especially for the low price. Tons of sweet storage options and well constructed; not cheaply made. Looks cool too.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น